Tuesday, January 14, 2014

About me: Katie

Hey guys!
 
My name is Katie Esarey and I am a senior in International Relations with a minor in History. After graduation in May, I am hoping to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer! Together with Cassie, I am one of the TAs this semester.
 
Although I was born in Chicago, I grew up in London, Frankfurt, Madrid, and Vienna, and have lived in Croatia. Apart from classes, I am involved in the UPUA, UPAC, Students Engaging Students, the Class Gift Campaign, Mortar Board Senior Honor Society, the Presidential Leadership Academy, and my sorority Phi Mu. As you can probably tell, I like to be busy!
 
When I took AEE 297a/CAS 216 three years ago as a freshman, I absolutely LOVED the class! The energy and fun that Dr. Foster brought to the class was infectious and the time always went by too quickly. When I received the invitation to TA this semester, I was super excited! Apart from the high entertainment level of the class, I really appreciated that the final was also the accreditation exam to become an official Parliamentarian. I thought the skills of running a meeting and an organization effectively and efficiently would be helpful to me personally, but I have been continuously surprised at how impressed internship coordinators and potential employers have been with the license.
 
Can't wait to dive in again with you!
 
Katie Esarey
@katia_PSU

No comments:

Post a Comment