Friday, November 3, 2017

Advice from Wayne Gretzky

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take."
Wayne Gretzky 


A quote from one of the most well known hockey players who played against my main man Mario Lemieux. This exact quote is relatable to my #AgEdParli journey. Last semester the time came to schedule classes for the current semester. I spoke to Dr. Ewing and Dr. Foster about what classes to take. A little bird put the idea of taking #AEE216 Practical Parliamentary Procedure in my ear. I thought, "Why not? Seems like a useful class that I will probably utilize in my time teaching and in other organizations that I participate in." So right then and there, I scheduled the class.

Fast forward to the beginning of this semester and the class is up and running. We did have some hiccups at the beginning but we utilized an authentic problem (PSU Collegiate FFA and Teach Ag Society consolidating to become The L.E.A.D. Society next semester). Suddenly the ins and outs of Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised, otherwise known as RONR, became a real thing! We've learned precedence, types of motions, bylaws, and even how to put our experience to use after this class.

In a few short weeks the class will be taking the accreditation exam where we can put our knowledge gained from the entire semester to the test. Wish us luck as we hope to all conclude the class as accredited parliamentarians.

We are almost to the end y'all! We're at the end of the 3rd period skating down the ice and staring the goal tender in the face through his mask. Will we take the shot? I'm sure glad I took the shot to take the class now all that's left to do is take one more to win the game!







Angela Becker
#PSUAgEd18
Student Teacher at Manheim Central High School

No comments:

Post a Comment